St Vincent’s is an Archdiocesan Catholic Primary School. Catholic schools exist to further the mission of the Church. Priority for enrolment is given to Catholics who witness the Catholic faith in their homes and who participate regularly in the life of a worshipping community. Acceptance of children aligns with the ‘Student Enrolment Policy (1994)’ issued by the Catholic Education Ofﬁce of WA and will be at the discretion of the Principal.
An application for enrolment must be completed, as fully as possible, for every child wishing to enrol. A non-refundable application fee of $35 must accompany the Enrolment Form. Once a place has been offered, a deposit of $50 must be paid to the school office.
Before an application can be considered, the following must be met:
- Caregivers are required to complete the Enrolment Application.
- Caregivers must provide a Birth Certificate, Baptismal certiﬁcate (if obtained) and current Immunisation record.
- Arrange an interview with the Parish Priest.
- Caregivers and the child to be enrolled are invited, if applicable, to attend an interview with the Principal.
Parish Priest Reference
- Please complete the Family Information section of the Parish Priest Reference available from the enrolment application.
- Contact the St Vincent’s Parish Office on 94192920 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Father may complete it immediately and hand it back to you to take to the school, or he may accept it and complete it at a later time, then forward it to the school on your behalf.
The forms must only be given to and completed by Fr Thi Lam, the Parish Priest, not the Assistant Priest or any other member of the parish community. NB. Parish Priest Reference Forms must be completed by the Parish Priest of the parish where you attend Mass.
During the interview with the Principal
- The Catholic/religious focus and priority of the school is outlined.
- The learning/social and any special needs of the child/ren are discussed.
- Parents/guardians must be prepared to accept the conditions of enrolment fully in respect to each child.
- An immunisation record printed within one month of the interview.
Enrolment does not automatically follow as a result of an application. There are limits to class sizes and children may have to be placed on waiting lists.
Applications will be considered in the following order of priority:
- Catholic students, from the Parish, with a Parish Priest reference
- Catholic students, from outside the Parish, with a Parish Priest Reference
- Other Catholic students
- Siblings of non-Catholic students
- Non-Catholic students from other Christian denominations
- Other Non-Catholic Students
Caregivers on enrolment of their children in St Vincent’s School need to:
- Be supportive of a full Catholic Education for their child.
- Support the educational and spiritual programme of the school.
- Pay school fees, except in cases of genuine hardship, where alternative arrangements may be made by appointment with the Principal. Associated with the school fees are a Building Levy and Amenities Fees.
- Levies and associated fees are non-refundable.
- Work cooperatively with and within the school.
- Be actively involved in the life of the school.
- Ensure their child attends school in correct and full school uniform, maintained in good repair, thus encouraging development of the school community pride and self-discipline.
Each application for enrolment will be considered individually. The ﬁnal decision on acceptance is at the discretion of the Principal. This policy is reviewed from time to time to reﬂect the directions of the Archbishop/Catholic Education Ofﬁce.